Counsel | email@example.com | +52 (55) 5201 7400
Counsel since 2018
Gabriel focuses his practice on compliance, corporate criminal liability, white collar crimes and environmental litigation. His experience comes from the practice of criminal law, both private and public sectors.
Gabriel has been criminal counsel in corporate criminal matters for more than ten years, as well as Head of the Environmental Crimes Unit of the Attorney General’s Office in matters particularly close to corporate activity, such as crimes against the environment, corporate homicide and industrial related offences. He specializes in complex corporate criminal liability cases and criminal compliance.
In his environmental practice, Gabriel regularly represents corporations in complex litigations cases, as well as buyers and sellers in environmental and compliance due diligence. He worked as General Counsel for the Federal Environmental Enforcement Agency (PROFEPA), Litigation Director General at the Environmental and Natural Resources Ministry, as well as Head of Environmental Crimes Division of the Federal Department of Justice. In private practice he represented corporations for more than ten years in complex environmental damage and toxic torts cases.
- Master in Law LL.M; Georgetown University Law Center, 1997
- Specialization in Accusatory Criminal System and Oral Litigation; Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Penales; 2014
- Law Degree; Universidad Iberoamericana, 1994
- General Counsel, Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Medio Ambiente.
- Head of the Specialized Prosecutor’s Unit, Fiscalía General de la República. (promoted the creation of the Special Prosecutor’s Office for the Attention of Crimes Against the Environment).