Counsel| email@example.com | +52 (55) 5201 7400
Counsel since 2020
Alejandro is the head of the Intellectual Property (IP) practice of the Firm. He has more than 16 years of experience. He focuses on trademarks, copyrights, IP litigation, privacy data protection, domain dispute resolution, information and technology law, advertising regulatory issues, licensing and franchising agreements, entertainment and sports Law.
He has a strong practice in IP rights enforcement, including cases in social media platforms and internet, implementing technology tools and legal strategies. He has been engaged in criminal cases concerning falsification issues, execution of raids against counterfeited products, as well as, border measures proceedings, Administrative Appeals and Amparo proceedings.
He has represented clients, from various sectors of the industry such as financial institutions, IT companies, broadcasting corporations, entertainment and media, luxury goods, sports, telecommunications, on-line retailers, oil & gas, alcohol and beverages industry; tourism, construction and real state, among others.
His expertise includes transactional issues, due diligence of IP assets in sophisticated operations in the Mexican transactional market, drafting and negotiating settlement agreements, assignment and licensing of IP assets, technology transfer, sponsorship agreements and franchising.
Alejandro has been appointed as Rising Star by two consecutive years by the “Expert Guides” (Legal Media Group) in the field of Trademarks in Mexico.
- Technical Training in IP rights, Osaka Institute of Technology, 2012
- LL.M. Master in law (Information Technology), Stocholm University, 2011
- Postgraduate Program in Extraordinary Constitutional Appeals (Honnors), Universidad Panamericana, 2010
- LL.M. Master in law (European Intellectual Property Law), Universidad Panamericana, 2006
- Law Degree, Universidad Panamericana, 2003
- Associate, Arochi, Marroquín y Lindner, 2006 -2013
- Law-clerk, Basham, Ringe y Correa, 2004 -2006
- Member of the Mexican Association for the Protection of the Intellectual Property (AMPPI), Coordinator of the Information Technology committee.
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)