Of Counsel | email@example.com | (52 55) 5201 7406
Mr. Alva is the head of the Intellectual Property practice area of the firm. He has more than 20 years of experience in intellectual property, providing advice on matters such as trademarks, litigation unfair competition, copyrights and patents. His professional practice focuses mainly on consulting and litigation regarding intellectual property rights, focusing on trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition. He has represented multinationals and national companies such as, Grupo Televisa, Prada, Robert Bosch, Sempra Energy, CitiBanamex, Buckman Laboratories, Moshi-Moshi, Transcanada, Sistema Radiopolis, Grupo Expansión, Buro de Crédito, Mercado Libre, Grupo Famsa, etc. In 2004 he was a member of the Committee in charge of drafting amendments to Industrial Property Law regarding well-known brands. In this sense, he has prosecuted and obtained several declarations of well-known brands before the Mexican Trademark Office. He is a professor of the module “Distinctive Signs of the Company”, in the Intellectual Property Diploma of ITAM.
- IP attorney at Panamericana de Patentes, 1997- 2002.
- In house IP attorney at Grupo Bimbo, 2003- 2005.
- Associate at Arochi, Marroquin & Linder, 2005- 2007.
- Global IP Manager at Grupo Bimbo, 2007- 2011.
- Associate at Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes, S.C. since 2011.
- Masters in Law, LL.M; University College London (UCL), 2002- 2003.
- Postgraduate Studies in Intellectual Property; Universidad Panamericana, 1999- 2000.
- Authorized to practice in Mexico, 2000. Law Degree; Universidad Panamericana, 1993- 1998.